The Founda Health Platform allows applications to upload/publish documents to the EHR of a hospital. This interaction allows medical devices or applications that are generating reports like questionnaires, directly into the patient's EHR.
The Upload Document interaction with the Founda Platform is based on the IHE MHD profile. An application can use the ITI-65 transaction to upload a document, that has to comply with the MHD Minimal Provide Document Bundle resource profile. The _profile parameter should be included in the payload that is being send to the endpoint.
How to include the profile URL in the request body:
A document can be published with a POST request to the base FHIR endpoint: http://api.<region>.founda.com/1/health/organizations/<org-x>/fhir/4/depending on the region you are in.
The FHIR Bundle for this profile is expected to be of type transaction and is expected to include a minimal set of FHIR resources:
- One List resource modelled after an IHE XDS SubmissionSet
- One DocumentReference resource modelled after an IHE XDS DocumentEntry
- One Binary resource containing the actual document to be uploaded
- One Patient resource containing the patient demographics that is the subject of the actual document
- One or more FHIR resources referenced by the documentReference.context
For more details on the FHIR bundle definition please see the: Formal Views of Profile Content in the IHE MHD profile.
In order to format your Bundle correctly, you can use the example resource payload in the file below:
To be able to publish a document, the Client you are using has to be authorized to publish a Bundle of type transaction. This can be requested and set-up by applications in the Client Management section of the Console.