After an Application Provider has created a Client, the Application Provider can set up Subscriptions in the Console. A Subscription can be configured to receive all messages from the Provider Organization that meet certain conditions.
Note that in order for an Application Provider to use the Subscription functionality, the Client must at least have the "Subscriptions" FHIR Resource Actions within the Client's Scopes. Meaning the specific Actions (e.g. CREATE, READ, etc.) that a Client is configured to, in combination with a FHIR Resource (e.g. FHIR Subscription resource). Every Subscription has to be authorized by the Provider Organization.
To create a new Subscription for a specific Client:
- Navigate to API Gateway and click on "Clients".
- Select the Client you want to create a Subscription for.
- In Client settings, scroll down and click on Subscriptions.
- Click on the "+"-icon to create a new Subscription for this Client.
After clicking on "Subscriptions" within the Client settings, an overview of all the Subscriptions of the Client to Provider Organizations is displayed.
- Click on the "+"-icon in the top right corner to create a new Subscription for this Client.
- Fill in the organization ID of the Provider Organization for which the Subscription is required.
- Fill in the available Webhook URL from your Client.
- Choose what payloads the Client's Webhook URL can receive (e.g. JSON-FHIR4).
- Describe the desired activity based on which the messages for the desired activity needs to be filtered (e.g. create.patient).
- Enter the reason for the Subscription to this activity.
- Click "save".
Once the Provider Organization has authorized this Subscription, the Application Provider automatically receives the messages every time an activity takes place at the Provider Organization that should elad to a patient registration with the Application Provider.